1 cup White Button Mushrooms
1 cup Crimini Mushrooms
½ cup White Onions
½ cup Canned Diced Tomatoes
1 Tbsp Fresh Thyme Leaves
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 oz Sherry or Harvey’s Bristol Cream Sherry
- Slice the mushrooms thinly and reserve
- Slice the Onions Thinly and reserve
- Take a Non Stick Frying Pan and add the Olive Oil and heat it over medium high heat until it starts to shimmer and become watery in its consistency but do not let it smoke, when the oil is hot enough add the onions then the mushrooms and sauté lightly, add the tomatoes and the thyme and continue to sauté, season with about two pinches of both salt and pepper and reduce whatever liquid by half.
- Add the Sherry to the pan allow it to reduce by half, reduce the heat on the pan and allow the liquid to cook off until it is almost all gone then turn off the heat.
- Once it is finish you can serve it on Small Chinese Wonton Spoons or on slices of toast for a Canape. For a starter or main course serve it with your favorite pasta, I recommend a short pasta like a Penne or Rigatoni.