Seared Tuna with a Melon Ginger Salad
Seared Tuna with a Melon Ginger Salad:
1 ½lb Sashimi Grade Tuna Loin/Saku Block Tuna
2 Tbsp. Pickled Ginger (Finely Chopped)
½ Cantaloupe (Peeled & Seeded)
1 Cup Watermelon (Seeded)
1 Tbsp. Honey
2 Tbsp. Veg Oil
1 tsp. Kosher Salt
1 tsp. Fresh Black Pepper
- Take your Tuna and cut it into a bars, 2”x 2” wide and about 6 inches long, so that it has a rectangular shape. Place in a Metal bowl and drizzle with 1 Tbsp. Veg Oil, and season with Salt & Pepper.
- Take the Cantaloupe & Melon cut into a fine dice or brunoise and place in a metal bowl with the Pickled Ginger.
- Peel and cut the segments of the lemon (the supreme of the lemon) being careful to remove the seeds and place in the metal bowl with the Melon & Ginger.
- Heat a Non-Stick Pan on a high heat and drizzle with a little oil. Place the Tuna in the hot pan and sear it for about 10-12 seconds on each side, be careful to handle the tuna when turning to keep it from breaking up. Once cooked, remove from the pan and place on a plate covered with paper towel allowing it to rest.
- Squeeze the juice out of what is left of the lemon, into the bowl with the melon & ginger, add the honey and veg oil and toss well.
- Slice the Tuna into ¼ slices and, spoon the melon salad onto a salad plates, add the sliced tuna on top and serve